Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sneaky Sun!!!

Mild rays of morning sun sneaks through my window and shyly touches my face...I wake to the world of reality from my deep slumber...The yellow color clock opposite to my bed tickles the time as 6.00am...

I put a knot on my ruffling hair and march towards the wash basin...With brush on my mouth I wander my thoughts to the day's activities...What to prepare for breakfast, lunch and dinner...At times I go wild with my thinking and plan the menu for the consecutive days too !lol...


Then I gently open my refrigerator and with all caution I take a milk packet out of it :)I am still at a loss to understand the difference between blue packet milk and green packet milk which my MIL says...With no concern on the colors of milk packet ,I pick one at random...


I gently cut the packet and pour the contents on a vessel and place it on the gas stove...Simultaneously my hand grabs one more vessel with water and places it on the stove...I place the coffee filter exactly on its vessel and add coffee powder(coffee+ chicory) to it...I wait for the water to reach its boiling point. With holder's support I pour it on the coffee filter...It is fun to hear the tok tok sound from the filter...


Meanwhile milk overflows from the vessel and only then I realize the situation…I switch off the stove and clean it(The overflow of milk from the vessel happens every day )...Finally I pour the remaining milk into my tumbler, add a spoon of sugar with the decoction from the coffee filter...I stir the coffee well and check the color to be as dark brown else I pour some more decoction and stir it again...huh the aroma is something which I long always for!!!

With coffee in my hand I rush to my balcony...I comfortably sit on my chair and forget all my day's activities and enter into a different world...There comes an yelling from my hubby ,only then I realize how fast time flies…As usual I rush to complete my other chores to reach office on time 

P.S Tried my hand on something different in this post. Figure what?

3 comments:

Madan Panathula said...

Hey Gowri - u make me long for that cut of manna we call as 'kaapi'... But what was the new thing you tried?

Prabu Raja said...

There is always more than one full stop. Is that the change? :-)

Nice post. Enjoyed yet another coffee post. Never get bored when it comes to Coffee.

Annapoorani said...

@Madhu,


\\u make me long for that cut of manna we call as 'kaapi'... \\\I don't understand thsi line of urs :)
the new thing is I wrote the post in present tense :)

@Prabu,

Nah nah!
I wrote teh post in present tense...
lol...glad to see yet another coffee lover :)

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs