Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Book review:The old man and his God

It’s been a while since I read something …Thanks to company's library, these days I lend a book on Fridays and complete it on weekend When I heard that I need to return the book on Monday ,I felt sigh! But deadlines many a times makes you to work hard and I also try to read the book at every free minute that I get and return the book on Monday.

Last week I took “The old man and his God” by Sudha Murthy .I never went for the contents, on seeing the author’s name ,I grabbed the book. This was my 3rd book of Sudha Murthy’s which I read on a single stretch :)I love the book named “Mahaswetha” a lot.

Now back to this book…This book totally deals with the tag “Discovering the spirit of India”. Sudha narrates her experiences in the form of true stories. The language is simple but has profound meaning.

Why would I recommend this book .

1. We all like to hear true incidents right? If you are one such person who loves to read real life stories go and grab this one.
2. If you love to read a moral based story then this book is ur cuppa tea.
3. If you wish to learn from other’s experience then rush and get this book.
4. If you wish to see the spirit of India, its people then this book brings you incidents relating to India and its people, their experiences before your eyes.
5. Last but not the least you learn excellent lesson from every story .I am not sure of the correct sentence from the book but the core message goes this way .I loved the below messages from the book.
Ø You cannot change the attitude of other’s better change yours.
Ø Earth is full of mud. Either wear sandal or cover the entire mud. The choice is yours.
It was an excellent read after a while. Loved it and Indian writers attracts me a lot. How about you?

P.S This is my 100th post here :)All I can say is I love writing and blogging and no doubt you can seen me writing the same way I am doing now in future too :) I thank all my readers for supporting me with wonderful comemnts :)

2 comments:

Prabu Raja said...

Congrats for 100 posts.

I get 15 days time in our library, but I still complain that it's less. Looks like I am given plenty of time comparatively :)

I only read two Indian authors and both are awesome. First one is obvious - Chetan Bhagat, And second one is Vikas swarup.

Annapoorani said...

15 days?man that is a great time :)
I have also read the books of those authors :)
Thanks :)

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs