Saturday, November 26, 2011

In love with Trichy

Born and brought up in one of the small villages near Trichy I feel
so happy to be of Trichy origin. Though I have migrated to other cities
to earn my bread I still love Trichy so much and I am letting the cat
out from my bag and say "It is the first city that sits in my
favourite city list". I have got married and moved to a different city
and I am feeling nostalgic about my own "namba trichy"...why not write
the thoughts surrounding ma mind in the form of a write up? good you
say?ok I am writing it :)

Higher secondary and college and my association of those lovely 5
years with Trichy can neva be forgotten...Those were the beautiful
days in ma life...wish to have those days :(

Rock city rocks:

Trichy na adhu "mallaikottai" dhan...The rock city simply shines in
the scorching heat. The Uchipillayar temple looks majestic and yeah
people pray "Thayumanavar" god inside the rock forte temple to have a
safe delivery.

Cofeeeeeeeee:

We are very near to Kumbakkonam which is famous for filter
coffee...Being near the bug caught us and we make finest filter
coffee :)Besh besh onga aathu coffee nalla yiruke,is what I here from
ma relatives...The answer my mom gives -is "nanga Padma coffee use
panrom"...80-20…People if you are thinking it is a pareto rule,I am sorry
you are wrong...It is coffee-chicory ratio...I was the sole person
responsible for getting coffee powder during ma college days and Padma
coffee was my usual shop...

Beat the heat ,have ice creams:

It was a rare opportunity to dine out during those days...I am not
speaking about late 90's but the mid 2000's to be apt 2005-2006...The
one shop I all knew for ice creams was "Michaels"...I always wonder how
on earth we get cup ice for Rs.5 and I shall get it only in Michaels
subjected need to wait in queue to get a seat...the enjoyment is rest
assured.

Treat your taste buds:

Umm well dining out was not an easy task that too if you are from an
orthodox brahmin family like me whose parents neva have the willing to
eat out...But still my dad took us once in a blue moon...oh how much I
love Vasantha Bhavan, Raghunath,Adhi kudi and Mathura lodge...I have not
been to any other hotels and so I totally love the above mentioned
hotels...Cheep rates best food is what I attribute with Trichy...

Go shopping:

Diwali was the only occasion where we got an opportunity to shop
during my school and college days...Appa and amma accompanied us(bro
and me) and the usual textile shop would be Sharathas...It is a
one-stop-shop for all your textile related things...We take 2 hours to
complete our shopping but always feel contented with the quality and
price in Sharathas...

"Janaki raman" is one shop where you get "prasava legyam" to
"urugai"...Our visit to Trichy will be incomplete if we don't vist
Janaki ram...

"Chinthamani" juice shop was my fav and gobbled n glasses of juice for
Cheep rates :)

Food for thought:
Will I forget those days when I greedily roamed in the book chowk to
get ma favourite novels and bargain it to get it for cheep.

My Wren and Martin book which I got it from "Agastiyar book shop"
still looks lovely(the other fact is I have not used the book much and it
is still fresh :p)

Higginbotham was one shop where I marched to get books that was rare
and new to the market...


ohhhh I can go on and on about ma Trichy :)I stop for now and will reserve it for a next post...All will be your(Trichy) royal lover...

1 comment:

Venkata Subban Chengavalli said...

I've been many times to trichy but my journey was restricted to trichy bus stand or Railway Junction :) ...I also went to uchipillayar kovil and thayumana swamy temple. I saw agasthiyar book depot only in backside of hindi books but when i saw it directly, it was closed :(

View of trichy can be seen well from Bypass. You missed one important thing 'Srirangam'. Isnt a part of trichi?

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs