Friday, June 1, 2012
Movie review: Kalakalappu
Could not believe myself writing a second consecutive post in a row! Hurray!!!Thank god I completely came out of writer’s block J
I don’t love watching movies. I could see people staring at me whenever I tell the above statement. My husband tries hard to take me to a movie and most of the time his attempt fails. The last movie that I watched was “Nanbhan” and I loved it for the shear reason “It was rib tickling” These days I love to watch movies that fall under “comic” genre…There were days when I watched emotional movies and cried to hell…I am always good at deviating from the topic and so let me get back to the movie review.
Vimal,Shiva,Anjali and Oviya plays the lead roles in the movie .Vimal along with an old man(thatha) runs the “Masala Cafe”.He struggles to run his ancestral restaurant…He faces so much of difficulties which gives him a chance to borrow money .His attempts to make the restaurant a best one always goes vain.
Anjali plays the role of a health inspector. She was asked to inspect the hotels but falls in love with Vimal. Shiva plays the role of Vimal’s brother who in turn falls in love with Ovija, the grand daughter of the Old man(thatha).
They encounter a series of incidents first that deals with diamonds, betrayal by a friend to capture Masala cafe and Anjali’s relatives forcing her to marry her uncle.
Did Anjali gets into the life which she wishes for? Did Vimal gets his hotel back from his friend who betrayed him? Did the youngsters bring any twist to the hotel and did they make the hotel a best restaurant? You will need to watch the movie for the story line.
The movie was directed by Sundar.C and produced by Khushboo. Songs were not that catchy, at least I felt that way otherwise the movie is just a rib tickling one and will make you to laugh like an hyena.
If you are looking for a movie sans emotion and with a very mild storyline then you shall definitely watch this movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment