Thursday, September 2, 2010

Book review:The Secret

I am not a person who opts for self help books....But still I con't stay numb when people suggest me some good self help books...It was during my college days I read a book called "Reaching your potential" by Norman Vincent Peale(The book is close to my heart,because my favourite Sugantha mam presented me the book and secondly the book changed my outlook towards life :) ) and in workspace one of colleagues suggested me to read "The monk who sold his ferrai"..I was done with the above 2 books...

On a casual chat with my uncle I came to know about a book called "The secret" written by Rhonda Byrne...My urge to read this book grew stronger...I am indeed fortunate to see my cousin holding this book...I pleaded her and grabbed it from her...Rest what..I am DONE with the book...Yahooooo....

Here are some points from the book which I could comprehend.

1.Stay positive,think positive and act positive.
2.Law of attraction is pervasive.If you wanted to crack your exam then attract similar thoughts about it and voila you will crack it for sure..

3.If you are wanting something assume that you already possess it.That will satify your quest.

4.Thoughts play a crucial role.Everything in the universe is in the form of energy.So make your thoughts active by adding positive flavour.

5.The greatest potent in this cosmos is YOU.believe in you and no doubt you can shatter obstacles on your way :)

The books also tells you the sceret for health,The secret for you,The secret for relationship and many more.

All I say at this juncture.Give it a try and I am sure you will witness a change in you,Trust me!

I thank Ranga mama for suggesting me this book!

5 comments:

Prabu Raja said...

I got reminded of trying to read a self help book. I got the famous 'you can win' as a prize of essay writing competition in my college.

All the efforts to read the book is gone in vein. And hardly I read 25 pages in it.

And its not so easy to lend that book from me. It will take me a long time to open and search in the unopened cupboards that are attached with the ceiling :P

Prabu Raja said...

You posted this article twice. I hope you delete the other one to save my comments ;-)

Annapoorani Sivaramakrishnan said...

@Prabhu,

You can winnnnn...I too had this book..But yipeee ditto the same...I never wished to read it and till date have not even crossed 10 pages.

gotcha!I have all my lovely novels safe!

P.S.Thanks a lot for pointing,I have deleted my otehr post :)

sushobhan roy said...

nice review.. will read it soon..:)

Venkata Subban Chengavalli said...

so finally you completed reading it...! good review..but am not going to read that book :)

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs