I sent the snaps and the very next day my chithi called my mom to confirm whether the gal in the hardcopy and the gal in the softcopy are one and the same...My hubby asks me the same question even today... :P I totally looked different in both of my snaps...
Day's rolled and month's too...It was the start of the month June...And I was all set to attend my cousin's reception...My dad and I went for the reception and I was all busy speaking to my cousin..Beep heard a sound from my mobile(SMS?for me?I don't have the habit of msging through mobile(one more weird quality) and here comes a msg...It was from my chithi and said "Sent my son's snap"..Show it to amma and paati...
A call followed the very next moment...It was amma...
Mom:So when are you coming to home...
Me:In an hour or two..
Mom:They have sent the photo it seems...We(Paati and I) wanted to see it.
Me:Log into the sys..I will give my id..you check...
Mom:I don't know how to check..You better come..
Me:Then wait for 3 hours...
Mom:Ok...
My dad was listening to all our communications and he also wanted to see the snap...
Reached home by 11.30pm that night...Mom and paati were waiting for us..The moment I reached home,they pulled me to the computer...
Mom:Open it fast
Me:Computer is very slow when compared to you...wait if you want..
Mom:A new mail popped up..It was from my chithi
I opened it and there it read "photo of Karthik"...
Paati,Mom and Dad asked me to zoom the snap in every possible way...It was so tired of all their instructions...The photo had an image of a guy floating in the air(Only later we came to know,it was taken in a hurry and all blame was with the photographer)...Further the guy had an unshaven face...
Mom:What is your opinion
Me:Well
Dad:His face looks unshaven..I guess the photo should have been taken long before.
Paati:Further the snap look as if he is floating in the air...
Mom:Why don't we ask them for another snap?
Me:I don't know...you do whatever you want...
I don't know when this message about photo was passed to the groom's family..The very next day I got a mail from my chithi reading "Karthik's photo"...
I showed it to my parents and paati...this time they were completely satisfied with the guy in the photo who had cleanly shaven face and was with a formal wear...After all the zooming sections,I was asked to forward the snap to all my relatives....errrrrrrrrr too many formalities...and I did as pointed....
Date was fixed for the "ponnu paakara" formality...
I again protested and said to my mom that I am going to be very simple..No more fanta color saree and no more shiny jewels..All I am going to do is wear a simple saree...Again scolding and advices...And I am made to wear all the glittery walla things and a silk saree...
Home was crowded with relatives..almost 50 people all around...And then like the good old tradition..I was asked to come out from the room and was given extra 5 minutes time to speak to the groom...
Me:Felt so scary and tensed…Hands started to shiver
Karthik: (Sat in a comfortable posture)…Why don’t you take your seat.
Me: Thanks and took a not –so-comfortable seat...and from then I started to speak on and on...For the second time after my cognizant's interview I recited my answer for the question "tell me about yourself"...though Karthik did not ask me the question...(Still I con’t control my laughter when I think of this…ok I was attending an interview for a fresh life this time)
And 5 minutes were over.. decisions were made that we are going to get married ..A sweet surprise came and that same evening we had our engagement :)All happened so fast in a jiffy...
From engagement till the marriage I did not get an opportunity to see him again(ok only once I had an opportunity during a function..that too we spoke for another 5 minutes :P )...My hubby use to say that our's is a "1947-a love story"...Where everything happened in an old orthodoxy way :)
So the fresh ,new refreshing life starts from there J
Here comes the end of the sequel
2 comments:
:-) Moments to cherish for a life time.
Hope you got permission from your hubby to write this post. Orthodox... :-)
@Prabhu,
absolutely moments to cherish forever :)
Permission from my hubby?for writing this post?noways...He is always encouraging and I never ask him for permission...
Post a Comment