I was meaning to write a post to keep my blog alive.I put on my thinking cap to decide on what topic I should write, the only topic that came to my mind is about our recent Munnar trip.
It was a day where streets were so busy with Vinayakar Urvalam.People carried Vinayakar idols and were ready to submerge the same in the sea.My hubby and I were all set and ready for our Munnar trip.I heard from my hubby that the Allappey express from chennai will leave by 9.15pm.We packed our baggages for our trip.Clock ticked 8.45pm still we didnot reach the station.Blame our lethargic attitude.My MIL was so kind enough to catch an auto and we did reach the station by 9pm.Thank god.
We boarded the train and reached Ernakulam the next morning.Thanks for the package tour concept.We got a cab in Ernakulam and it took 5 hours to reach Munnar.Our resort was bit away from Munnar so we travelled one more hour to reach the same.The resort name was ayurcounty.It is one cool resort.we didnot find any reason to complain about.
Munnar is completely clad with tea plantations.The climate is just awesome and my hubby is so much in love with the climate.snows everywhere...Resort is completely admist tea plantations.By the time 6 the entire surroundings became so dark and we never visited any places after 6pm.
Below are some of the places we visited in Munnar,if you plan for a trip do just get hold of these places.
1.Periyakanal falls:
Wah is the only word which we could use..Such a lovely falls...Water all the way...The water looks so silvery and this falls adds beauty with the awesome chill climate over there.
2.Mattupatti Dam:
Well we had no clue when our cabby showed the Mattupatti dam...The dam was not full with water.May be thatz why we were not fascinated with the place.
3.Echo point:
As the name goes,when you say something you hear the echo from the mountain.My hubby tried hard to hear his own sound but in vain...hey you hubby,eat healthy then only you will have the strength to shout like me :)
4.Rajamalai National park:
This place is our favourite.We need to take the bus to reach the top.The mountain is completely clad with snow everywhere also you could see falls running at many places especially in this park.You have to climb certain distance to see Nilgir Tahrs(Mountain goats) the rare variety of goats...Apart from it the view of the mountain look so nice from this place.Nothing so eyecatching about this place but still you will feel so refreshing when you visit this place.I can go on and on about the climate and the mountain view.but I stop here and you people do visit this place.
5.Tea Museum:
Kannan Devan Tea Plantations seems to be the pioneer to start the tea plantations over there...The tea museum lets us know a lot more about the tea plantations in Munnar...You could get varieties of tea products there for sale...We got our own share as well.We didnot get time to visit spice plantation and so we stopped with tea museum.
6.Periyar Tiger Reserve(Thekkady):
We also visited Thekkady after our Munnar trip.We stayed in hotel grand which is again a nice hotel.We don't have much places to visit there except Periyar tiger reserve.You get a chance to travel through boat to witness lovely scenic beauty of moutains and some real cool animals...We saw different birds,sambhar deer and bisons..My hubby was so eager to see tiger but phew we did not see it though people say the park does holds tiger...
We were so tired and so we wrapped our trip with our purchases.
We got spices,home made yummy chocolates(Hubby and I are die hard chocolate lovers) and tea powders.
We are in love with hot lemon tea which we tasted it in Munnar... I bugged my hubby to get it often and he was so kind enough to get me whenever I bugged him.
I am sick to travel and whenever the hairpin bends came my stomach went for a churn.Again my hubby was so patient enough to get me lime soda everytime when he saw me suffering.And all through the cab journey I was sleeping (blame my sickness).
It is one of the memorable trips.Yes it was the first trip with my hubby...It is one of the loveliest place on earth...oh yeah I can go on and on...Let me stop with this...Plan for a vacation and visit Munnar.It is really a stress buster from our hustling bustling work :)
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
wow.. you had a great trip!
I guess this is your honeymoon? :-)
Do you mean mist? Or snow? really???
@Prabu,
Yes it was our honey moon :)
snow to be apt...Surrounding were completely clad with snow...
thank you so much :)
*Sigh*..it has been a year now since i last went on a trip...my twins dnt let me leave the house yet for longggg timessss :P
Sounds like you had a great one!
*Sigh*..it has been a year now since i last went on a trip...my twins dnt let me leave the house yet for longggg timessss :P
Sounds like you had a great one!
@Choti,
oh okies...I am sure you will enjoy a trip in near future with your twins soon :)
yes I had a great trip :)
Post a Comment