It was raining cats and dogs...Being so much sensitive to cold my hands started to shiver...I con't even withstand chennai's weather wonder how on earth I will manage my stay at Kashmir. Well I do not want to diverge...were was I...oh yes I was shivering and my tooth started to dance to the tunes of thunder...disguised myself in full hand salwar+shawl and I felt it was relieving me to an extent...
My hunger pangs was longing for something hot and crispy...Same with my hubby too...Mother-in-law was busy in the kitchen...Only later I came to know she was busy preparing vegetable soup for all of us...She dishes out varieties in a jiffy...There I was standing near the chef and was keenly observing the method of preparation...She boiled all the veggies(Bells Pepper, Carrot, Beans, Cauliflower and Tomato) on the pressure cooker...Finally made a fine paste out of the boiled veggies in a mixture with water..Filtered it and removed the coarse texture....On a medium flame she placed a heavy bottomed vessel with the veggie essence(the one obtained after filtering)...Stirred it for few minutes...On the completing note she mixed corn flour to the veggie essence and added required salt..stirred again for a minute or two and switched the stove off...you may want to know my part in the soup making right?...Hold on...I was seriously observing the whole process...Tough job I say! She served the soup hot with fried crispy breads floating on the top of the soup..The soup came out pretty well and we were longing for more...It is a complete bliss to enjoy the rainy day with your bowl of soup...pure bliss I say!
So the consecutive weekend We(Ma hubby and I) visited my mom's place. Proudly and ostentatiously I was all mouth telling that I had learnt a new recipe vegetable soup..My father was travelling that day to a function...I told him to wait for few minutes to taste my vegetable soup before he leaves for the function...told my bro that I am going to make delicious soup...My hubby was all set to taste the yummy soup...
I added Bells pepper, Carrots, Beans, Ginger and Tomato ...boiled the veggies....made it as fine paste and was searching for a filter...To my dismay I did not get the right one but managed to remove the coarse texture...Placed the essence on a thick bottomed vessel..stirred it for a while and added corn flour paste with salt and again stirred it and switched it off...I was so much confident of my preparation and so I prepared the soup for some 15people...
My hubby and bro were already waiting to taste it...phew my father was waiting to taste it but I never seem to complete and so he left for the function...I handed the bowls of soup to two of the scapegoats...one being my hubby and the other being my bro...Bro took the first spoon of the soup and he never opened his mouth...If you think he was spellbound about my preparation friend you are totally wrong he was dumbstruck with my not-so-good work...Then he commented my soup as a cough syrup and never dared to taste it for the second time...poor hubby did not say a word and was struggling with his bowl...Being good natured that I am ,I understood his situation and magnanimously asked him not to taste further...During the meantime my bro started to advertise the quality of the soup which I prepared...No one dared to taste it and so I am...ROFL...the entire content of the soup on the vessel was left untouched...After a round of research I understood that I added carrot and ginger as the predominant ingredient which spoiled the taste...
Now when I spell the word soup, my hubby pleads me not to speak of it anymore...From then on he started to share my soup making skills to every other person on earth...sigh...I do not dare to try the soup again...secondly now you should understand how good I am when it comes to observation...
The word soup brings a churning effect in my stomach...oh It was all because of my preparation...I need to closely observe my MIL when she prepares soup for the next time...I was in a soup because of my soup preparation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Soup has indeed landed you in soup!!! Oh my god - I could not stop laughing, not at your soup making skill but at the way you wrote it :)
I want to go to Kashmir and have cups of veg/mushroom/corn soups :-(
lolz...that was funny in a cute way!
Let me give you a secret>>>>>
I am so bad at cooking! Shhhhhh dnt let my twins hear this :P
@Madhu,
Only you in this world will appreciate by crapy writing skills :)Thanks re
@Prabu,
I wish I visit kashmir :)Hope you will also visit the place soon.
@Choti,
Gotcha!I thought you should be a great cook..
To cutey twins...
Plz hear your mom's word!hear it plz!lol
Post a Comment