When Hari mama called and invited my hubby and me for a dinner on the new year day, we were so excited. Who on earth will ignore such an invite from a person whom we admire the most?So we were all set and on new year day evening my hubby and I visited mama's place.
He is a person who adheres to the saying "work is worship"...A busiest person who is always entangled with work around the clock. He was very kind enough to spend his time with us despite his busy schedule...
Janani and Athai gave us good company, which made us so comfortable and I felt as if I was at my own home...Discussions with Janani about movies,actors,food...god it was so so so nice...Athai is simply sweet with her lovely words!
Dinner was waiting at the table with sumptuous menus. Menus included Poori and Kezhangu,Fried Rice,Bisibelabaat,curd rice,crispy chips,pickle...Did I forget something?Yes yes the milk paiyasam which athai made...It was toooooo good!and anyone who hates paiyasam will definitely not have the heart to say "no" for Athai's paiyasam...
Our stomach did not have the room to gobble such lovely dishes...We were then gifted with Pant shirt and a salwar,2 diaries,a book (365 days of inspiration by Napoleon Hill) and a bag full of snacks...We were literally struggling hard to carry the gifts back to home...We got asirvadam from mama and athai along with thirupathi laddu...
After this dinner...Both(My hubby and I learnt a lot).Below are some few out of it.
1.Learn the meaning of hospitality from them.
2.Humility.I see it in Hari mam.
3.Work is worship.Money is not important but still you need it to lead a life.So be dedicated to your work.
4.Miles to go in the field of culinary. After the dinner my hubby says "Ask tips from Usha Athai before you cook fried rice". yes Athai is a great cook and no doubt.
5.Be what you are and always try to forgive others the same way you do it yourself.
The lesson learnt are tremendous .I am sure the word "Thank you" will be so cliched. Spending time with someone whom you respect is something which everyone of us long and glad that we got one. Thanks a lot mama for everything and we always look forward for ur advice/motivation/inspiration and many more in the years to come.
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Gowri excellent, you are right we have so much to learn from our elders.... A thought proviking write up.. Thanks
Madhu yes as always miles to go before we sleep :)
Post a Comment