Monday, July 26, 2010

My cuppa coffee and tea

“Anything may happen over a cuppa coffee"

All coffee lovers will agree with the above liner. I am not an exception .I am so much in frenzy with coffee. Despite severe threats from friends and relatives and despite reading so many articles about the ill effect of coffee ,I still con't stop but consume as many cups of coffee as possible. Give me a cuppa coffee err filter coffee and I will be your eternal friend .lol.

I have acquired a psychological feeling of gaining head ache if I miss my cuppa coffee.The immediate medicine for my head ache is to have coffee and what a surprise it vanishes in a jiffy.

Filter coffee tops my list.But I am quite crazy with Barista, starbucks, cappuccino and whatever related to coffee you name it and I love it :) oh yes I am mad with "Cold Coffee".

Well.I not only love to drink coffee,I also love to prepare the divine ambrosia .I enjoy every little things on earth and coffee preparation is also one among it.
Narasus udhayam is the coffee powder which we get at home. A fine blend of Coffee powder 80% and chicory20% would do the trick. I love to see the boiling hot water with steams all around. The mumbling sound of water still more makes the whole preparation a fun. The foam that arises when you pour hot steaming water over a filter crammed with coffee powder is something a treat to your eyes and the aroma man that is chanceless…The tok tok tok sound of the decoction inside the filter makes me still more curious to gulp it soon. Milk and sugar combo into this decoction makes the entire preparation still more worthy..The flavor ,the aroma, the fine blend of coffee powder and water hooks you to grab a cup.And when you stuff your cup with coffee you con’t help but long for a serene place to enjoy the bliss of solitude.

Tea is one beverage I rarely go for. But I love to make tea essence for the rich flavor it has acquired. The texture and color of tea powder and water are a visual treat. The steam and the aroma of the tea powder and the colorful foam which you get at the brim once the powder completely mixes with water is definitely an eye candy. Filtered tea essence ,milk, sugar and cardamom adds freshness to the entire tea preparation. Tea equally competes with coffee for it’s tastes and color.

So my cuppa coffee and tea are waiting for me. Let me have my tea break. What about you?

2 comments:

Prabu Raja said...

Nice post. Anything related to coffee attracts me. And.. me too a filter kaapi lover :-)

I dont want to miss my morning coffee for anything.....

And btw, u'll be definitely interested in this link: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/coffee

Annapoorani Sivaramakrishnan said...

@Prabu,

Glad to see a fellow filter coffee fan :)
Me too..I try not to miss my morning filter coffee,else I definitely gain a head ache.

btw I checked the link.It was really awesome.Learnt a lot of facts about coffee.
Thanks a bunch for sharing it :)

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs