Hey you homo sapiens !If your bio molecules are too much longing for trekking...well you are at the right place and proceed to read more on it...If you are one genre who is not so fascinated with trekking stuffs enter at your own risk..There you go with my own first trekking experience.
When my team mates were planning for a Kodaikanal trip...I was all but excited...Jumping from earth to sky..For the mere reason I love travelling and exploring things a lot...The sheer cool place attracts me to hell..So we were on a trip to Kodaikanal and the day came for the trekking.
I always love trekking..Never had a chance to try once...When my crew started for the trek ,I was all set..I did put forth my first step on a narrow path full of muddy rocks and trees...I could not manage but slipped...I felt it was not my cuppa coffee and So I decided to quit the race.
1.Be confident "Nothing is impossible"
When I was about to quit...One of team member called me and advised not to relinquish...She went further and said "Lady be bold and march, everything is possible"...For a minute I was confused with too many questions like "What will happen if I slip from the top?"(the question looked too scary"..."what will happen if the wild beasty animals chase me"...oops my mind was flooded with question .The last thing I wanted to do was to stop my thinking cap and jump into the race...Yippeee I started my first trek..
2.Accessories will do the trick:
If you are a female never ever opt for a salwar that too a white salwar with a flat sandals to be more specific a slippery one and never ever dare to take a handbag better let it be a backpack...If you are wondering who did the trek with salwar,sandals and a handbag..No wonder it is me...Perfect suite for trekking is Jeans and tshirt with shoes (grip one)...Accessories help you a lot I tell you.
3.Leader leads you by example:
I was fortunate enough to have a guide and a fellow colleague who helped me a lot while trekking..If you are new to trekking always seek others who are more confident...Follow them...I was puffing and panting all through the trek..Thanks to my guide and colleague who offered me a help when I went tired.
4.Backpack with medication:
Please carry a medicine kit with your backpack..Prevention is always better than cure..If you feel sultry carry a towel with you.
5.Water the elixir of life:
Carry a bottle of water with you..If you feel tired or if your body becomes anemic, water will definitely save you. No doubt it is a true elixir.
6.Mind your step while you trek:
During your trek you will be tempted to click snaps with your digital camera. Beware do not ever try it...Because you will be walking amidst dense forest with thick bushes and thorns, so please have a note on your steps. Also never try to hit the leaves on the pavement. Some leaves have the capacity to create allergies...If at all you happen to hit the leaves by accident...No worries ,to alleviate the swollen skin just rub the part on your hair and it will solve the allergy.
7.Hands and legs your powerful weapon:
If you are fluffy and slightly over weight like me,no worries…We will still be able to trek…God has given as hands and legs…Who said trekking should be only with your legs?Hands are also allowed…At least I did manage to trek with my hands and legs…I was not able to climb steep rocks .I used my hands to hold and climb .Some times I sat and jumped across the rocks…So never worry about being slightly overweight. Why fear when your hands are there to help you out
Above all trekking is fun..You will enjoy a lot when you experience it. You will inhale fresh pure oxygen. The experience is something which you will cherish forever.
The above are my personal experience...I made quite a scores of mistakes...Never mind..Life always stabs and slaps at you and gives an opportunity to learn.
So what are you waiting for? If you are planning for a trek, please do invite me and I will join the club!
Monday, August 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
ah.. Just this morning, while riding to office I was thinking why some people are mad on trekking.
OK, Its for people with adventurous mindset. Not for me :-)
Good luck for ur next trek
@Prabu,
\\I was thinking why some people are mad on trekking.\\even I thought it before :)
\\Its for people with adventurous mindset. Not for me :-)\\\not like that..I was all but scared when people spoke about trekking.But all you need is confidence,a proper guide and accessories which will help you a lot.
Do go for a trek once and you will enjoy it,trust me!
//Do go for a trek once and you will enjoy it,trust me!//
Let me tell you my story :-(
Before 2 years my colleagues planned for a munnar trip. I've accepted after confirming there is NO trekking involved in the plan.
They've booked accommodation for a day in kerala tourism's chinnar hut.
The sad part is, We came to know after going there, the hut can be reached only by a 4 hrs trek.
Everyone other than me got excited. But me in the veins :-(
I was scared to the core when I was walking on that steep in sideways (Not climbing up - walk on sideway in a steep).
These guys.. who promised me there is no trek, laughed at me. :-( How dare they?
@Prabu,
Glad to hear your story...
\\ I've accepted after confirming there is NO trekking involved in the plan.
\\Now I understand how much scared you are when it comes to trekking.
\\the hut can be reached only by a 4 hrs trek.
\\that is indeed sad.
\\ was walking on that steep in sideways (Not climbing up - walk on sideway in a steep).
\\walking on steep pavements is bit risky..what say?
\\ who promised me there is no trek, laughed at me. :-( How \you are not alone in the race..I have faced many such situations...:)
I am already planning for Munnar...Hope someone listen to this and plan for a munnar trek :)
I also went for trekking but never thought about this much precautions :) May be I dont mind risk i guess :)
@venkat,
Glad to hear that you also experienced the trek.
you don't risk??!!!??
I tend to be precautious :)
typo it should be "you don't mind risk?????!!!
Post a Comment