Wednesday, June 2, 2010

oops with irctc online booking

02/June/2010

My father asked me to book a train ticket in irctc portal...Being so lethargic I as usual forgot the same...His travel was scheduled on 02/June/2010(yesterday)...He enquired me about the ticket only then I realized as usual I forgot to book it...

Now what else I can do...rush to my computer...book the ticket through tatkal...I proudly said "Appa gimme 5 mins time,I will reserve through tatkal and we shall take the printout"....

With all great expectation I logged in and typed www.irctc.co.in.I didnot have any account before and so I gave new sign up...I clicked "Sign up" by 8.30am...The site started to load and for next 20 minutes it was loading...My dad was checking constantly about the ticket and there I was sitting with the sign up screen with the processing state...

Finally I created an account and by that time it was 10.30am...even tatkal tickets were under WL status...phew!!!

I am not sure whether irctc site takes long time to load during wee hours ie in the morning...If this happens to all,then a small suggestion to irctc to load balance the server...Because irctc is one site which we can never live without...If you people are not witnessing this slow processing of the site...then I think there is some serious prob with my IE connection!

Well what did my dad do,you may ask...He finally went in person and booked a bus ticket to chennai from trichy...lolz....I am dead sure the next time he will never ask me to book ticket through online..because by this time he is very much aware how lethargic his daughter is!

Self damage is always best!what say!

7 comments:

கா.கி said...

read ur posts... good narration...

and abt irctc... it s slow for everyone... but not 'tat' slow as u mentioned here.. from 7.30 am to 9.30am the server will be damn slow as the tadkal bookings open @ 8am daily... many ppl will be accessing at that time... try during evening or night time, it'll be gud...

Annapoorani Sivaramakrishnan said...

@Karthick,

Well it's obvious that there is some prob with my connection and thanks a lot for pointing it!
I will do it either in the evening or in the night!
Thansk again for the suggestion :)

கா.கி said...

@anna
welcome...

sushobhan roy said...

Ya itctc has its share of problems..

I also faced similar kind of situations before..

The site is extremely slow in the morning.. Avoid waiting list booking in tatkal on itctc.. pretty difficult to get the confirmation..:)

Annapoorani Sivaramakrishnan said...

@Karthick

:)

@Susho,

Ahh glad to hear that you also faced the slow process in the morning :)
Thanks for yet another info...The next time I will never book WL ticket in tatkal...got to know it from you that the confirmation is very difficult:)
thanks pal :)

Venkata Subban Chengavalli said...

oh..so you got an account right..if you are opting out for tatkal reseravation better remember train number. type the train number in quick booking part..and it will directly take you to booking page...I have tried this ie on festival occasions....i also met with success..But make sure that you are trying from 1mbps/512 kbps broad band

Annapoorani Sivaramakrishnan said...

\\type the train number in quick booking part..and it will directly take you to booking page...\\that is a cool tip :)
should try it out next time:)
thanks for teh suggestion :)

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs