Thursday, December 18, 2008

The day which i cherish forever

Cool breeze touched my face when i was on my way to office through my office cab.The soothing breeze made me to reminisce my past.It made me to
think my college days especially the day when i got my placement order.


It was during our final year,we heard about our campus placements.The real seriousness started.
We started to study the concepts,practise all those mock apti papers(Correct we had never burnt our mind night lamp before,really it was tough for me to mug
all those things which my poor brain fails to remember).The day arrived we the entire gang of students marched towards the auditorium...We had our apti test
after a quick intro about the company...Tension prevailed on all our faces...We came from our hall still discussing about the apti question..


We wrote our apti by 10am in the morning and was waiting for our results...Tensions to the peak on all our face...Some lost the confidence
,some are Very confident about getting throught the apti,some really had no idea about their performance.It was 6pm in the evening when we heard that the
results were out..We all made our presence near the board...Some felt really happy to see their name,some felt really surprised to see their names(actually
they didnt expect their names to be there)...Some felt really depressed because their name was not on the list...



On what category did i fall???I did my apti quite ok and was expecting my name and ofcourse i did find my name there.I was not really happy
beacuse two of my close intelligent friends name was not on the list...I felt really really bad...They were really depressed...I dont have words to console
them...


The very next day i had my interview...Entered my destination quite late coz i forgot to note my interview timings...Thank god i had my father with
me,who always encourage me with his ever motivating words...Some were studying really hard,some were cool....I saw some of my friends coming out after
completing their interview...All of us approached them and collected quite a lot of questions.To be true we knew the answers for only 10% and 90% of the
question scared us....Whom to contact for the answers??? any help lines that was our attitude....We felt really frustrated, one of my friend who came out
from the interview hall was very depressed,the interviewer screwed her like something...The question ranged from Integral calculus(Who on earth discovered
all these stuff....Once integral calculus scared me during my sleep) to chess(The one we play)....From normal hobby to habitual laws(scientific laws) .For
some the interview went very smoothly,for some it was a bad day...for some it was neither bad nor good...
OMG it was the time for me to enter the room...


Surprised to see two interviewers there...If it was one we could manage but oops i thought "Samapth" ,had no hopes of clearing it when i found
two interviewers there ...First question was "introduce yourself" ...I still giggle on thinking it..I was speaking on and on..The slight transition from
gendral to technical questions started....My interviewer was scanning my marksheets...damn why did i score some reasonable marks in my semester??he started
to ask questions from the subject which fortunately or unfortunately helped me to score max mark...My interview question ranged from carnot engine(Come on
guys,dont ask me the question now coz i forgot the answer),electronics,therodynamics,quantum mechanics(This subject is my weak area,i mean all the subject
which i studied scared me,but this one is the real demon till now..I am poor at 3D and all those stuffs)...That day i felt why on earth did i take
PHYSICS...I always and totally agree physics is a lovely subject,but i dont have the brain to analyse and enjoy the essence of physics...Today i feel bad to
say i am a physics student coz i dont remeber all those Newton laws,dont blame me,blame my brain which fails to remember technical aspects......After half
an hour of goofing some bla bla bla....I came out of the hall...


My father was eager to ask me about my performance...A big question in my mind....How did i do?????Oops i was not in a position to say i did
extremely well or i was not in a position to say extremely bad.....Tension tension tension....I guess it was 5.30pm we were asked to assemble in the
auditorium...My heart started to beat fast...I was gasping for breath...They started to read the names......I realised the peak of tension on my face...I
muttered all the names of god ranging from Vinayak,Jesus to allah...Finally i heard my name Annapoorani...Thank god....That was my first interview and
finally managed to get the offer letter...This is one of my best moment or the day to cherish for ever..But I was not in a position to enjoy,my another friend was not
selected....



Today when i think about all those events i enter back to my college days...I miss all my close friends,Those lovely days....Those mug
concepts..Those newton laws,The lovely college campus,my teachers....Sigh i want all those lovely days back...Sigh i am not looney i know that i will not get
it back but the memories will stay in my mind forever....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such memories stay forever...
Nice nostalgic recollections buddy! :)

Annapoorani Sivaramakrishnan said...

Thanks a lot Sree for visiting...
These remains to stay in my mind for ever...

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs