Thursday, December 18, 2008

My review about Erich siegel-Love story

This post of mine is all about the book Love Story by Erich siegel.I heard a lot from my friends saying this book is the best they have ever read,a very nice book which portrays the love in a beautiful way...I have a list of Umpteen books to read and i added this book too on my list ...Visited a book shop and glanced a book with white wrapper with blue fonts,yes it is the book lover story and finally grabbed it...I always love to read thrillers and this was my first book with romance flavour...


The first page started like this way depicting Jenny's death...confused who was Jenny but decided to flip the pages...This book is all about a love story between a Social science student Oliver who comes from a posh family and a music student Jenny who comes from a normal middle class family.

The thing which i liked the most:

The author has beautifully narrated the love between oliver and jenny.

1.Unlike many stories,this story doesnot end up with love failure,instead it is really nice to read Oliver and jenny getting married.

2.Oliver and Jenny leads a life parting from their parents.They have all those fights,squabbles but still they stay together that's the meaning of perfect love i guess ...In some stories we would read parting of husband and wife after lotta squabbles.But this story is really exceptional.

3.Loved jenny's attitude i mean the way she adjust with her husband who supposedly a stubborn guy in his opinion.People who have read it could very well relate what i meant.

4.Oliver's love towards jenny and Jenny's love towards Oliver...I guess if every husband and wife follow the path of oliver and jenny there will be no divorce or no misunderstanding etc.


The thing which made me so sad:


Being a gal i am naturally emotional.I cry even for a very normal thing.When i read about Jenny's death,i was just flabbergasted,tears from my eyes started to flood.


I dont know about others but i always admire happy endings.If it is a love story i want both the hero and heroines to be together and happy forever...But could not digest Jenny's death...I felt so sad,depressed,wondering how a book made me to mourn(I agree the power of writing now)...



The perfect love between Oliver and Jenny makes me to open my mouth wide and wonder.But jenny's death made me so ill..If Jenny was not dead i would rate this book to be the best...But alas the ending was really sad...I didnt get the enthu for taking the book again and read it for the second time..
I heard Oliver's story is the sequel of the book Love story...Any comments about the book????Ofcourse it's on my list.Hope to read it soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool review...I loved this book too!! :)
The love was so pure! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna... nice review! :)
You know what? it was my mother who first told me abt this book and when i read it i thought it wasn't worth the hype... :(
but surprisingly, i couldn't help myself from thinking abt it even after i put it down...
i think the strongest point was- it was not melodramatic even when talking abt death- it was greatly SIMPLE, hence sweet! :)

Annapoorani Sivaramakrishnan said...

@Sree,

Glad that you liked the book...
Thanks a lot...

@Als,
\\when i read it i thought it wasn't worth the hype... \\I totally agree with you....
\\i couldn't help myself from thinking abt it even after i put it down...\\hey thatz really cool...
\\it was greatly SIMPLE, hence sweet! :)
\\Correct!!!I was simple and sweet...
Thanks a lot buddy...

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs