Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's all about my mentors...

"A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others"


Came across this saying while i was surfing through net and ofcourse those lines became my favourite.
I hope after reading the title you would have guessed what my post is all about.I wanna write a post dedicated to my teachers,mentor's who helped or helping
me to attain wisdom.


I am strong in one opinion that a teacher holds the power to mould an ordinary,average student to an extraordinatory person.We gain hatred
towards a subject because the methodology with which the teacher teaches may not be upto the mark...I love some subjects blindly because of the teachers who
took pains to teach me the concepts.K let me not distract from my content.let me share some of my mentors or guru's who always crossed extraordinary levels
according to my perspectives..


1.My parents:

"Matha,pitha,Guru,dheivam"

is the sequence and this saying is perfectly true according to me.My parents are my first Guru.I still remember those days when my mother took pains to
teach be A,B,C etc,The rhymes,the poems,the lessons etc...Parents play a vital role in every child's life.They are the one who always cheer me when i achieve
something and they are the one who always point my mistakes when i am wrong.They teach me how to lead a perfect life..I never saw my parents scolding me till
date...Whenever i feel frustrated i always find a pat on my back and my father always says this "You have got the potent,You will achieve it for sure,dont
worry"...I should say only because of their words i climb my ladder of success,still a long way to go though ...
My parents are my first Guru....Kudos to their perfect teachings...


2.My granny:


My granny she is no more but a lady with all good qualities i have seen on earth.I learnt a lesson "Yinna seidharai oruthal avar nana nannayam
seiduvidal"...The meaning is "Try to help those who didnt help or betrayed you in some way or the other"...I learnt
the meaning of the word "PATIENCE" from her...I can write on and on about my granny....Though she is not alive ,i try to follow the things which she taught
me.

3.My chemistry Sir,


It was during my 12th i guess,for quite some months i had an opportunity to learn chemistry from this sir.I am not good at chemistry,but sir
made me to learn the concepts from the scratch...He taught me from the basic and made me to master the concepts..Though i am not good at chemistry till
today i can vouch that i gained deep interest in that subject only because of my sir.Till date i found some handful of people who really did justice to their
job and this sir is one among some handful of people.Kudos to you sir.


4.My english mam:


It was during my college i happened to meet my english mam...But oops i didnt get an opportunity to study under her, i mean she was not my
english teacher...It was during my first year of college,i heard about elocution competition and i did nominate my name.One fine afternoon i was asked to
meet my english mam.That was the first time i came to know about her..She was so affable,her mellifluous voice did attract me.She motivated me to participate
in the contest.that was my first contest during my college...I did goof to some extent and i did my best to some extent ...Actually the competition was
hosted by our college,so we were eligible only to participate in the contest and we were informed before hand taht we will not be awarded with prizes.My english
mam is a real angel.She told as that she doesnt want to discourage us and she did present me a book...The book is "reaching your potential" by "Norman
Vincent peale",a lovely lovely book...I could find very few teachers who take real pains to motivate the students..My english mam is one such person...I love
her so much...I lost her contact,sigh...But she is my role model...The real Guru i have ever seen...I still respect her like something which i cont put it in
words....



The above mentioned people are some of my gurus or mentors whom i respect a lot...They are my role models...I try to learn from every one
and i am sure i will get some good number of mentors in my life...
"Learning and teaching " is a lifelong process and am sure i will follow it.
I love teaching but i am not into that field,but i will try to be a good mentor whenever i get a situation to teach whatever i know to others...
Happy learning and may all of us get a nice Guru(The teacher) to enlighten our future..:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good one Anna! :)
Its all about respecting our mentors...isn't it? :)

Anonymous said...

@Sree,

Correct,itz about respecting our mentors...
thanks a lot sree

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs