I wish I were a kid!For the very first reason,I would get 2 whole lovely months of vacations to fulfill my sauntering.Well people stop your wild imaginations,I am not old,just in my 20's.
With Summer and vacation around the corner(oh itz already summer time and vacation),I see my own bro and cousins enjoying their share of vacations and no doubt I envy them...(Noooo itz not the bad version of envy,itz a good version of envy I swear)....
So it was time for me to reminisce my past!My vacations!Born and brought in a village,I had an opportunity to enjoy the simple yet serene village life...Now back to vacations.
My home is one common place for all our get-togethers amongst our cousin's circle.April was always a month of fun and frolic.No doubt every other cousin reached my village by April and for the rest of the days all we had was pure fun and nothing else.
Our parents had hard time to wake us and always uttered the words "Pasangala 9 mani ayidhuthu yedhiringo pa".With utter reluctance we did get out from our bed,no doubt the hot filter coffee would tempt us...Once we were done with coffee,we (all our cousins,friends) assembled either in our home or in my cousin's place.We chatted every other non-sense on earth.
By 10am,we would plead elders to take us to river cauvery...We took a whole 2 hours dip in the holy river,playing with waters,chatting,diving what not(bloody brats we are!even today!)...By 11.30 we reached our respective home.Momma's would be ready with cuisines...Most probably it would be vathakozhambu mavadu combination or it would be thayir sadam mavadu or it would be paruppu rasam sadham..My momma is lovely to handle our respective bowls of morsels,sometime she fed us(How lazy we are!)...Post lunch it was again for some play...Kannambhoochi is what we played at noon....It was the time for the elders to sleep...We created choas in every other house and never allowed them to sleep...Annoying kids we were...We never bothered about scorching sun!
By 5pm in the evening we again marched to our home for our light snack or thayir sadam with a cuppa filter coffee....And by 7 we again assembled for planning "Kalla manna","Lock and key" et al...It was exactly 8 when we had an another round of thayir sadam with vathakozhambu and mavadu,from my cousin's place...Again we continued the another round of play...And the day came to an end by 11pm..with utter disgust we reached our respective home for our slumber...The next day continued the same way!
When I think of it now,it was a pure bliss...The vathakozham mavadu which I shared with my cousin's is no par to the morsel which I gobble alone...We are no more kids to play lock and key or kalla manna...We are no more young to bother others at sleep...The days are already gone!When I think of it now,a cute little tear of joy fills my eyes!Those were lovely days to cherish forever...
I carry my good old memories forever!It is good to reminisce the past also good to be a kid forever!
Friday, April 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment