So here I break my hibernation with a book review after a long time!
I don't have any flair for non-fiction until recently...And today I am totally fed with non-fiction. My teamy and I were discussing about current bestsellers/other popular books and she was asking for "Wings of fire"...I shrugged myself and said sorry I don't have the book...I saw the same book the same weekend in my cousin's place and grabbed the book...
I knew Dr.Abul Kalam as a former president ,a scientist and a fellow tamilian..Nothing more or nothing less than that ..But flipping through the book I was totally flabbergasted for the way HE is...
A boy born in Rameshvaram to a very mediocre middle class family, who worked to earn his penny to pay his fees, who always never foresaw any community based/biased opinion finally turned into a great scientist as well as our president...All because of sheer hard work and perseverance nothing else...
Failures:
When I face any failure, I always read "Lincon's life story" and within a moment I tell myself that the struggles which I face is nothing when compared to what Lincon faced. Now Kalam is added to my list...He was the one who lost his air force career by a whisker, He was the one who lead the team when the great missile AGNI failed for the first time(but it became a huge success the very next attempt)...and the list can go on and on...The lesson to be taken from their life is, make every failure as your stepping stone for success!
Passion and dedication towards work:
Kalam is one person who dedicated his whole life for India's rocketry field...At some places I felt odd for not pursuing my career in aeronautical engineering but as Kalam rightly points "Never fret for the lost one, always show your passion to the one which you get"...His service to the field of rocketry is something which could not be listed through words!
Goals:
Well goals and I stand far beyond..Kalam always believes in framing a long term goal…The gist is like this “Setting goal makes you to move ahead, realize where you are”…
He is a lively example for attaining his goals and dreams.
Super cool ruler:
Through his words, I understood how much he believes in almighty...To be honest I am glad to see a scientist uttering the name of god for every now and then,for some scientist don’t believe in the existence of god(Science and god which always remains to be something debatable )...
At the end all I could say about Kalam is "Sir you are indeed a great person, a beacon for the younger generations !You have dedicated your entire life for India and space research" .. I am totally running out of words...
“Everyone of us have the fire in us to achieve something great, all we need is a wing to make the fire fly and soar high!”
PS:Grab the book to have a glance about the story of a great person...thatz all I can say!At some places you may never understand the scientific jargon..But Amen ,try to read about the story of someone who sacrificed his life for all of us!Scientific nuances may make you confused but I am sure it will kindle you the life to realize who you are!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment